Take a moment to envision the ideal smile. Chances are, you pictured a row of straight teeth. With orthodontic treatment, your smile can look just how you’d like it to – and there are additional benefits to straightening your teeth, as well. Here are 3 benefits of having straight teeth.
1. Straight teeth improve the appearance of the smile.
A major reason many people seek out orthodontic treatment is because they want a straighter, more attractive smile. Indeed, this is a major benefit of undergoing orthodontic treatment. A straight, symmetrical smile signals good health and can give you a more youthful appearance. Therefore, you’ll also likely feel much more confident and self-assured if your teeth are straight.
2. Straight teeth are easier to clean.
There is a significant oral health benefit to having straight teeth. Teeth that are crooked or crowded can be difficult to keep clean, which can lead to decay. When the teeth are straight and in their proper places, on the other hand, it’s much easier to floss and brush thoroughly, removing the food particles and plaque that can ultimately cause cavities.
3. Straight teeth make it easier to eat and speak.
Crooked teeth, teeth that are crowded, or teeth that have wide gaps between them can make it difficult to eat and speak easily. Some of your teeth may also experience more wear than others, which is problematic. When your teeth are straight and properly aligned, however, you are better able to chew your food normally and to speak clearly and with confidence. Straightening your teeth can improve your daily life tremendously.
Your Options for Straighter Teeth
When you’ve made the decision to get a straighter smile, you will likely have two options: traditional braces or Invisalign clear braces.
- Traditional metal braces consist of stainless steel brackets and wires that are bonded to the teeth. At regular intervals, we’ll tighten the wires to keep the teeth moving. Children, teens, and adults can all use metal braces to get straighter teeth.
- Invisalign clear braces consist of clear, plastic aligners that are worn over the teeth but can be removed by the patient at any time. Every so often, the patient switches to a new set of aligners to shift the teeth into place. Invisalign can be a good option for teenagers and adults alike.
At Dental Health Care Associates, we offer effective orthodontic treatment options for patients who desire and could benefit from having straighter teeth.
If your teeth aren’t as straight as you’d like them to be, or if you find yourself having trouble with daily tasks such as flossing or chewing, we encourage you to schedule a consultation at our office. You deserve to experience the benefits of having a straight smile!